Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"These boots were made for walking."

Like a good outfit, this blog will consist of many layers. It will contain images from magazines, the internet, and other sources that inspire me in the world of fashion. In addition, I will post about current sales, trends, and how I mix the two by capturing my own thrifty purchases. I may even throw in a few D.I.Y. projects of my own, such as re-working pieces of clothing, or cute and easy ways to display and store pieces of your own wardrobe.
That being said, I will tell you about how a week ago I had made a serious decision to go on a “shopping diet,” if you will. That is, I promised myself not to buy any more clothing because I already have a closet stuffed to the brim that resembles a cream puff trying to fit through a keyhole. In short, I do not have any more room for new clothing, and more importantly I do not have the funds in my bank account anymore to support my shopping addiction.
My diet was all going good and well until a good friend of mine notified me of a killer sale at the popular store Charlotte Russe: all shoes (and boots!) for only $20. Now, “shopping diet,” or not, there was no way I would pass up an event such as this. Therefore, I decided to revamp my boot collection by purchasing a pair of knee-high dark brown boots with a strap and buckle detail. I justified my purchase through saying to myself, “boots are a staple piece for winter: they are comfortable, practical, and most importantly, fashionable.” I think that it’s safe to say that purchasing a staple piece for my wardrobe this winter - for $30 off the original price - would be an acceptable cheat to my diet. After all, who doesn’t appreciate a cupcake more than someone who hasn’t eaten carbs for the last two weeks?

(Buy them here).

No comments:

Post a Comment