Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Good Will Haul.

Good Will may not seem like the most appealing place to look for new clothing, however I seem to find some of my best deals there. Yes, when you walk in the door you are hit with a “secondhand” smell that lacks in comparison to Abercrombie & Fitch’s scent that can be detected  on the opposite side of the mall. Yes, it is 98% secondhand, useless clothes that will not interest you in the least bit, even for purposes of using as a cleaning rag. However, if you have some extra time on your hands and are feeling in the patient, scavenger-hunt mood, I guarantee that you will be able to find at least one piece in a Good Will store that you will like.
So, originally I went into the Good Will near my house searching for an inexpensive black lace top, to use the fabric for a project that I am working on. I left with precisely what I was searching for and much more. Within my Good Will haul I collected an impressive seven items for $18, one of such items being a pair of shoes, one of my best finds yet. My haul also included a new top from Target, a new scarf from Target, a new top from Kohl’s, a tank top and a vintage belt. 
It’s true - Good Will does carry items that are brand new! Local stores like Target and Kohls will donate clothes that they are unable to sell to local Good Will stores. The perks just keep getting better: every day Good Will discounts 50% off of certain items marked by the color of their tags, and if you have a school I.D. they will give you 15% off of your entire purchase. Their other discounts can be found at their website: www.goodwill.org, or you can shop online at www.shopgoodwill.com. If you donate clothes, you can get a 20% coupon, as well. Lastly, all of their proceeds go to families in need. If that’s not enough to have you stop in, then I don’t know what is!

(Pictured: belt found at Good Will in Bayville, NJ with flower engraving detail; 99 cents).

No comments:

Post a Comment